Sunday, April 09, 2006

Outed as a Mayavadi; How To Be Creative


My last post, a Chinese poem from the 7th century, may have struck some as Mayavadi. Perhaps I am one. I don't think I am, but the power of illusion is sooo strong. If you were troubled by it, please click through to my blog and read the comments section on the poem. I hope I don't come off as just trying to cover my butte.

I am attracted to poetry, and try to find poems that demostrate some aspect of Krsna. This is a highly subjective process, and certainly makes me an easy target, but I really don't care anymore. :-) Still, I can always come up with some left brain rationalization for every choice I make and how it relates to Krsna.

On a related but separate note, a great website with 30 guidelines to go by if you do feel some creative urge, can be found at How To Be Creative.

Sample:

14. Dying young is overrated.

I've seen so many young people take the "Gotta do the drugs and booze thing to make me a better artist" route over the years. A choice that was neither effective, healthy, smart, original or ended happily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home