Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Amazing Mercy

Amazing Mercy

by Kamalavati Dasi, March 31,2006

This just happened today!!

For the past few days, a mother cow at the big barn was old and ill and couldn't stand up anymore. Jaya Prabhupada Prabhu made sure she was comfortable with lots of hay as she lay there helpless and unable to even eat or drink. He starting giving her water with a bottle which she gratefully sucked. He told me about the cow and I started coming down twice a day to also give her many bottles of water. There is a tape of Srila Prabhupada chanting being played continuously. I brought the cow a garland from the Deities.

Today another devotee came and brought her a garland that she was wearing all day. At about 5 PM this evening, I went over there and Jaya Prabhupada was also coming over. We both gave her water and chanted to her. She looked like she was really having trouble breathing now. We left. I went to the temple and about an hour later I noticed a big bright rainbow outside. I called Malati and a few other matajis to see the rainbow. I said, " Sometimes when a great soul goes back to Godhead a rainbow comes out. Maybe the cow left her body." So I drove right back down to the barn and checked. Sure enough, she had left her body, wearing the garland and listening to Srila Prabhupada chanting Hare Krsna !!!

This is Srila Prabhupada's Mercy!!!! These cows are great souls that we have the mercy to serve here in New Vrindaban. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!!

Your servant, Kamalavati Dasi

1 Comments:

At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jaya! jaya! jaya!

All glories to your service!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home