Monday, May 29, 2006

Until We Meet Again

I’m off to the hospital again, this time at least it is scheduled. I can make my own excuse for not posting for a while. Last time, Tulasi posted something for me after I was already there. It will be a minimum 8 days before returning home, could be longer if there is complications, which is about a 50/50 deal. May be wasted when I get home, so who knows when I’ll post again.

It is Memorial Day in the USA when we used to honor our war dead. Some ceremonies are still done, but for most of the hedonists, it is just another excuse to have a 3-day weekend. By the by I would like to remember and thank all those who have been so supportive these last few weeks. To avoid missing someone, I won’t name names, but you know who you are. Got a lot of emails last time, and lack the energy to acknowledge them individually, but thanks. If anyone is visiting the Viet Nam Veteran’s Memorial in Washington, DC and don’t have any other names to look for, here is someone I knew.

Panel 02W - - Line 26

Caucasian, Male, Single, Born on Dec 01, 1950.
Everyone called his father Doc,
had since World War II.

Sgt –E5-Army-Selective Service.
Every morning Doc was given
a bottle of cognac,

Tour of duty began on Feb 25, 1971.
location of a mass grave,
and a shovel.

Casualty was on Sep 26, 1971
Doc looked for dog tags
and uniform insignia,

in Phong Dinh, South Viet Nam.
or measured femurs to
determine height.

Body was recovered.
Doc made it home,
married Virginia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home